ENGINEERING PROJECTS IN COMMUNITY SERVICES
EPICS is a service-learning design program in which teams of students partner with NGOs, local and global community organizations and design, build, and deploy real systems to solve engineering-based problems for local community service and education organizations. CMRCET is offering EPICS as an open elective since 2016. The institution has Memorandum of Understanding with IUCEE for EPICS programme.
EPICS is divided into 5 modules:
- Problem identification
- Specification development
- Conceptual design
- Detailed design
- Product delivery
- 5 number of faculty attended 9 webinars on “design Thinking” organized by IUCEE, Purde University
- 2 number of faculty attended 12 webinars on “ OBE” and “Remote labs” respectively at KL university
- 3-day workshop “SHODHANA” Conducted at CMRCET from march 8th to 10th 2018 to identify community problems and to provide solutions for those problems using Engineering Projects(Service based learning).
- EPICS members attended SCALE workshop at Bengaluru.
- EPICS members attended IIEECP(International Engineering Educators Certification Programme) Phase 1 workshop on”IUCEEE” from February 8-10th at G.Pullaiah college of engineering and technology, Kurnool,AP.
- EPICS team visited KLE technological university, Hubbali, karntaka from 13/10/17 to 14/10/17 inorder to observe the Excellence in academics and their implementation methods.
- EPICS team along with Principal, HOD’s (CSE, EEE, MECH) visited KLE technological university, Hubbali, Karntaka from 15/03/18 to 17/03/18 inorder to observe the Excellence
in academics and their implementation methods.
- EPICS team visited an NGO, Cornell – sathguru foundation for development, hyd on 06-03-2018 for collaboration and to support for the EPICS Projects.
- IUCEE- EPICS 5thinteranational conference on “Engineering Education” attended by R. Venkateswarareddy (CSE), Suresh ram (ECE), Muneesh Babu (Mechanical) at Bennett University, Noida.
- 7 number of faculty along with our principal attended EPICS 5thinteranational conference on “Engineering Education” at thiagarajar college, Madurai.
- Prof. William Oakes, DIRECTOR-EPICS, Prudue University, USA visited CMRCET to review EPICS Projects.
- V.P.Sharma, Co-Founder of GRAMONNATI (NGO) acted as a resource person for the EPICS workshop organized in CMRCET.